Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Director, Events Management, the Events Specialist will be primarily engaged in coordinating a range of projects that focus on the efficient and effective planning and execution of virtual, in person and hybrid events held on behalf of Grand Chapter. The incumbent will assist in developing goals and objectives that lead to departmental and organizational success. The Events Specialist will be responsible for coordinating resources, ensuring project progression, communicating the milestones to the Events Management Director and meeting deadlines for completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as meeting planner for a variety of events and effectively prioritizes needs to meet deadlines.
• Serves in a support role for the Director as needed.
• Handles venue and vendor solicitation, negotiations, contracting and management as assigned.
• Manages event logistics in advance, on-site, and post-conference to include site selection, room sets, audio visual, food & beverage, décor, signage, etc.
• Manages and coordinates vendors and staff through comprehensive event resume to include logistical facets for hotel, convention center, and applicable vendors.
• Responsible for Exhibit Hall management to include floorplan layout, understanding the general rules and regulations, management of show, and acting as the decorator for all signage and structures.
• Works with Exhibit/Sponsorship team to manage fulfillment of benefits.
• Evaluates and maintains event budgets against pre-set spending limits.
• Provides accurate budget estimates pre-event and ensure post-event billing reflects these estimates.
• Processes invoices and check requests.
• Maintains Events department files.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience of 3-5 years progressive responsibility for large conferences and event management in a fast-paced environment.
• Diverse portfolio of experience including but not limited to annual conferences, exhibition management, meetings, workshops, symposia and award gala productions and special events.
• Relocation not available.
• CMP or CEM certification;
• Cvent certification;
• Knowledge of Pathable virtual platform;
• Experience in a multi-client environment; and
• Membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
For consideration, email your resume along with a cover letter that specifically states your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include the title of the desired position in the subject line.
Incomplete submissions will not receive priority consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com