Website Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
The following statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Events Specialist will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing a wide range of various events within the Sorority. This role requires a creative mindset, exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail. The Specialist will work closely with leadership, vendors and internal teams to deliver memorable and successful events that meet the organization’s objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the development and implementation of the registration platform with a focus of understanding the needs of the users and translating them into clear and actionable specifications.
• Define and implement quality assurance processes to ensure that the registration platform meets the desired standards of functionality, performance, security and usability.
• Manage event housing accommodations, develop rooming lists and coordinate with our third-party vendor.
• Plan, organize and execute events from conception to completion, ensuring seamless execution and exceptional attendee experiences.
• Collaborate with leadership to understand their event requirements, objectives and budget.
• Conduct research and site visits to identify suitable venues for events, negotiate contracts and secure necessary permits.
• Develop event concepts, themes and designs that align with the Sorority’s preferences and brand guidelines.
• Coordinate with vendors, suppliers and contractors to secure necessary services, equipment and materials within budget constraints.
• Manage event budgets, track expenses and provide regular updates to management.
• Coordinate event logistics, including venue setup, audio-visual requirements, catering, transportation and housing accommodations.
• Develop and implement production timelines, run of shows, final scripts and presentations.
• Create and manage event timelines, task lists and critical paths to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Provide on-site event management, including setup, member assistance and issue resolution.
• Monitor and evaluate event success using metrics to generate post-event reports.
• Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies and best practices in event planning and management.
• Foster strong relationships with clients, vendors and stakeholders to enhance future event opportunities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
• Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Hospitality, Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
• Proven experience, five (5) to seven (7) years, in event planning and coordination, preferably in a corporate or nonprofit fast-paced environment.
• Strong understanding of web technologies, software development methodologies and database systems.
• Experience in managing hybrid event production is preferred.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple events simultaneously while meeting deadlines and budgetary targets.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact professionally with clients, vendors and team members.
• Demonstrated creativity in event concept development and design.
• Proficient in using event management software, registration platforms (preferably Cvent and Passkey) and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team-oriented environment.
• Flexible and adaptable to changing event requirements and unexpected challenges.
• Willingness to work evenings, weekends and extended hours as necessary during events.
• Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is preferred.
• Relocation assistance not available. Must reside within a 50-mile radius of National Headquarters within six (6) months of start date.
• Proof of comprehensive COVID-19 vaccination required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.