Website Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
The following statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Events Assistant will play a critical role in supporting the planning and execution of various events within our organization. This position requires excellent communication skills, strong multitasking abilities, and a passion for delivering exceptional experiences for our attendees. The Assistant will work closely with the Director of Events, Events Coordinator and Events Specialist to collaborate with various internal departments and external vendors to ensure seamless event operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the planning and organization of events, including committee meetings, conferences, conventions and other special events.
• Coordinate with vendors, suppliers and contractors to secure necessary services, equipment and materials for each event.
• Assist in creating and maintaining event budgets, tracking expenses, requesting rebates and ensuring cost-effective solutions.
• Collaborate with the marketing team to develop event promotional materials, communications and registration platforms.
• Assist in venue selection, negotiation and contract management.
• Coordinate event logistics, such as catering, transportation, audio-visual requirements and room setup.
• Maintain event databases, venue and vendors contact listings.
• Provide on-site support during events, including setup, registration, guest assistance and troubleshooting.
• Conduct post-event evaluations and generate reports summarizing event success, internal staff feedback and areas for improvement.
• Assist in maintaining event calendars, timelines and task lists to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Stay updated on industry trends, best practices and emerging technologies to enhance event planning and execution.
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
• Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Hospitality, Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
• Proven experience, three (3) to five (5) years, in event planning and coordination, preferably in a corporate or nonprofit fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, ensuring all event elements are executed flawlessly.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
• Proficient in using event management software, registration platforms (preferably Cvent) and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team-oriented environment.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and extended hours as necessary during events.
• Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to manage unexpected challenges during events.
• A positive and professional demeanor, with a customer service-oriented mindset.
• Relocation assistance not available. Must reside within a 50-mile radius of National Headquarters within six (6) months of start date.
• Proof of comprehensive COVID-19 vaccination required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.