Director of Safety and Security
Website Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
The following statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Director of Safety and Security maintains the overall safety, physical and cyber security management for Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. to ensure the successful implementation of all safety programs, both on the premises and for offsite projects and/or events. The Director will coordinate and support the Safety and Security Task Force in the review of current protocols and policies impacting safety and security; oversee the development of a comprehensive sorority-wide safety and security plan, with enhanced protocols and updated policies; establish a training curriculum for national, regional and local Delta meetings, events, programs and activities; assess and update cyber security protections and conduct safety and security planning, briefings and security assessments in conjunction with Delta conventions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure the protection of all the Sorority’s corporate officers, leadership, employees, members, vendors and visitors, clients and corporate assets.
• Develop and execute plans for security/safety and logistics for the Sorority’s meetings, events, conferences and conventions. Demonstrate the ability to coordinate with local law enforcement, security teams and venue security management to successfully and safely execute events.
• Conduct risk assessments for the National Headquarters (NHQ) site and team. These assessments include lighting in and around the premises, security, entry & exit control, vulnerability studies, threat assessments and impact analysis.
• Review and analyze all current and future safety and security needs. Make recommendations as needed.
• Communicate effectively and consistently with all employees, visitors, clients, local law enforcement and community members.
• Hire, manage and coordinate security staffing needed at business and events locations.
• Build and maintain relationships with local and federal law enforcement to ensure a good and safely secured environment.
• Manage visitor management system to ensure safety on Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. premises in connection with National Headquarters staff and leadership.
• Support the Office of the General Counsel and Compliance and the Human Resources Department in conducting investigations.
• Assess cyber systems protections and support the Technology Services Department with securing equipment.
• Ensure that all safety and security systems on the NHQ property are in secure working order, including cameras, CCTV monitoring, alarms and locking systems.
• Experience with handling and investigating security threats and cybersecurity threats.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Five (5) to ten (10) years of security, law enforcement or equivalent relevant job experience.
• Corporate Security Certifications (i.e., CSM (Certified Security Manager) and CSS (Certified Security Specialist)) and related certifications preferred, but not required.
• Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, decision-making capabilities, a keen eye for details and a logical mind.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated ability in identifying and mitigating risks and threats.
• Demonstrated ability in providing excellent customer service.
• Ability to complete tasks timely and within budget.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work effectively with department staff on all levels, vendors and suppliers, and members of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Must be consistently available after hours for emergencies, or to attend Board of Director meetings, conventions and conferences, most held out of state for a number of days.
• Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
• Relocation assistance not available. Must reside within a 50-mile radius of National Headquarters within six (6) months of start date.
• A criminal background check is required for this position.
• Proof of comprehensive COVID-19 vaccination required.
DELTA SIGMA THETA SORORITY, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.