Director of Human Resources
Website Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
The following statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Director of Human Resources provides senior management level leadership and guidance to the Sorority’s human resources operations. The Director is responsible for developing, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic and tactical processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborates with executive management and the Human Resources Committee to define long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management, organizational structure, technological resources, training, etc.
• Directs the employment process for both temporary and permanent hires which includes the recruitment, selection and placement of management, professional and support employees as well as the termination and off-boarding process.
• Directs the employee benefits program which comprises health, life insurance, disability, retirement, and unemployment. Serves as liaison with carrier representatives on design of plans, premium rates, and appropriate coverages. Directs the payroll process.
• Counsels staff and management on sensitive issues, job reclassifications, terminations, employee conflicts, and policy interpretation. Manages all aspects of employee relations.
• Manages the salary and performance appraisal process for the staff by developing a salary structure (salary ranges, compa-ratios, benchmarking, market data, etc.) and establishing guidelines for promotional/merit increases.
• Develops record management procedures that maintain, update, and retrieve data in an accurate and timely manner. Manages record retention with compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and employee relations.
• Leads the temporary staff recruitment for national convention and regional conferences.
• Travels and works regional conferences and national conventions as a staff member.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES)
• Membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
• Master’s degree in human resources preferred.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in human resources management required.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• General knowledge of benefit program administration and compliance.
• PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
• Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) membership.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications to include Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge and use of virtual platforms and Human Resources Information Systems (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, Paylocity, Paychex, SuccessFactors, etc.).
• Relocation assistance not available. Must reside within a 50-mile radius of National Headquarters within six (6) months of start date.
• Proof of comprehensive COVID-19 vaccination required.
DELTA SIGMA THETA SORORITY, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.