Deputy Executive Director
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Provide supportive leadership to the Executive Director, National President & Chair of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Board of Directors. Areas of coverage include: Board of Directors and Committee meetings. The Deputy Executive Director will be responsible for the duties outlined below, as well as other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides strategic leadership to the assigned departments and functions including, but not limited to Events Management, Knowledge and Document Management, Customer Support Service Center, Member Policies and Procedures and Programs;
• Works as assigned with Committees/Commissions on matters related to the mission of those Committees/Commissions and provide necessary liaison and staff support to Committee/Commission Chairpersons and members to enable them to properly perform their duties under the Sorority’s Constitution and By-Laws;
• Works in tandem with the Executive Director to implement the policies, programs and goals approved by the National Board of Directors;
• Provides second level leadership to the planning and implementation of National Conventions and Regional Conferences, including site selection, contract negotiations and invoice approval;
• Collaborates with the Executive Director to execute the Sorority’s strategic plan and where appropriate, implement new processes and procedures to achieve the plan;
• Assists the Executive Director with the development and management of an annual operating budget;
• Develops and motivates staff to foster an environment committed to continuous improvement;
• Serves in the absence of the Executive Director; and
• Provides direction in developing and defining strategic issues to ensure program requirements are met effectively and efficiently.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
• Membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated;
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a field directly related to the duties of this position. An advanced degree is preferred, but not required;
• Minimum of seven (7) years of senior management experience with increasing levels of responsibility and management of staff, preferably within a nonprofit or government agency;
• Demonstrated knowledge of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority’s policies, program management and Sorority’s history;
• Verifiable experience in developing, implementing and managing programs and projects on time and within budget; • Required travel to national conventions, regional conferences, out-of-town meetings and other organization events;
• Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/voluntary organizations;
• Knowledge of human resources management;
• Knowledge of fiscal management;
• Knowledge of project management;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
• General familiarity with event planning best practices;
• General familiarity with intellectual property issues;
• Efficient and accurate multi-tasking ability;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, to include: Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Annual travel during summer months for National Convention and Regional Conferences required;
• Relocation assistance not available. Must reside within a 50-mile radius of National Headquarters within six (6) months of start date; and
• Proof of comprehensive COVID-19 vaccination required.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated is partnering with POLIHIRE to find their Deputy Executive Director. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications and your resume to DST_Deputy@polihire.com. Please include only your name (Last, First) in the subject line when submitting materials.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com