Internal Policies and Procedures Coordinator
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
MUST BE A DULY INITIATED SOROR OF DELTA SIGMA THETA SORORITY, INC. TO APPLY. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE NOT AVAILABLE.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Internal Policies and Procedures Coordinator serves as the team lead for the Disciplinary Action and Appeals process and reports to the Director of the Member Policies and Procedures. In this role the coordinator carries out a variety of duties in reference to policy, procedural and constitutional adherence; researching, gathering, and analyzing data; evaluating and recommending action and follow-up; preparing reports and informational materials in internal management and report presentation preparation. When necessary, she will work with the Legal Team on an ongoing basis, including to, among other things, provide strategic advice, identify and mitigate risks, ensure compliance with and refine of process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages, oversees, and assigns the workload for the Internal Policies and Procedures Specialist. Routinely monitoring work related assignments and projects and providing updated quarterly and monthly reports on workload productivity and goal achievement.
• Ensures adherence to the Disciplinary Action process for members/chapters (probation, suspension, and expulsion) and the Code of Conduct administered by the National Scholarship and Standards (S&S) Committee. Maintains records, prepares reports and distributes in accordance with policy.
• Receives and processes allegations/reports of Code of Conduct violations etc. regarding Membership Intake and other violations in accordance with policy and transmits notification to the appropriate Regional Director or National Officer.
• Routinely communicates with executive leadership to coordinate high level reviews, sends out notifications to related parties, organizes appellate reviews. Ensuring adherence to the Appeals process and prepares such documents for administration by the National Scholarship and Standards committee (Level I), the Executive Board (Level II) and Executive Session (Level III); and maintains records of same in compliance with policy.
•Reviews and provides comprehensive feedback of submitted disciplinary action reports to ensure submission requirements and standard compliance is met from end to end with each disciplinary action case.
• Monitors/updates all related Disciplinary Action program reports and ensures all other related information under this position’s purview is updated on the official website and other domains managed by the organization.
• Serves as staff liaison and provides technical and administrative support to the Scholarship and Standards Committee and the Investigations Task Force. Attends committee meetings, all workshops and training activities; inclusive of preparation/attendance for national convention and regional conferences.
• Provides technical support with workshops and trainings on the national and regional levels. Also provides on-site assistance to respective committees/commissions/task forces.
• As assigned, performs other duties of the Member Policies and Procedures Department in preparation for National Conventions and Regional Conferences internally and on site.
• Collaborates with other internal departments and committees and subgroups to ensure organizational objectives are met.
• Maintains monthly account of all disciplinary action related activities, inclusive of updating, chapter, member, or applicant records. Preparing and updating database and corresponding reports. Providing updated program membership statistics, drafts written materials/content, communications etc. for respective executive leadership, committees/commissions for inclusion in chapter mailings.
• Assists in the proofreading and editing of new and revised publications and tools, that are the responsibility of the Member Policies and Procedures Department as directed by the Director and respective committees and commissions.
• Responds directly to emails regarding special concerns and inquiries in a timely fashion; and determines, based on the nature of the concern(s), which emails require a direct response from the Executive Leadership or Director Member Policies and Procedures.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and three years of supervisory experience.
• Membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.
• Must possess knowledge of Delta Sigma Theta’s policies, standards and procedures; disciplinary actions (probation, suspension, expulsion, barring); and Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics.
• Administrative experience necessary including, familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel, comfortability with routine use of the internet, accessing database systems and other software applications.
• Detail-oriented; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Self-motivated; demonstrates initiative; able to work under pressure and tight time-sensitive timelines/deadlines; and must be flexible in carrying out the varied assignments.
• Proven excellent skills in communication, planning, implementing, and managing policies.
• Ability to travel during National Convention and Regional Conference cycles.
• The successful candidate must reside within a reasonable commute radius of the Headquarters Office for in person work no later than 90 calendar days from the start date.
For consideration, email your resume along with a cover letter that specifically states your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include the title of the desired position in the subject line.
Incomplete submissions will not receive priority consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com