Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
MUST BE A DULY INITIATED SOROR OF DELTA SIGMA THETA SORORITY, INC. TO APPLY. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE NOT AVAILABLE.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting the work of the Marketing and Communications Department to advance the mission of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated through a strategic communications plan to inform members, media, and the general public about the initiatives programs, and special events administered by the Sorority. The Communications Specialist will work to ensure that print and digital materials are consistent with the Sorority’s communication strategy, objectives, and brand. Responsibilities include: managing member communications, writing for and producing Grand Chapter publications, creating and coordinating content for Delta Sigma Theta’s website, marketing materials, social media channels, and supporting the Sorority’s brand. Additionally, the incumbent of this position will provide project management support to assigned national committees, liaisons, and senior leaders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Writes, edits, and publishes all member and chapter mailings utilizing the Higher Logic (Informz) marketing platform.
• Works with National Committees and staff liaisons to develop marketing plans for national initiatives and programs.
• Assists with developing Grand Chapter publications including the Delta Journal, Delta Newsletter, Corporate Report, and other marketing collateral.
• Acts as the liaison to the National Second Vice President by providing project management and other technical support and counsel as needed.
• Serves as the secondary liaison to the National Information & Communications Committee.
• Provides editorial assistance to other departments as needed.
• Assists with content creation for all Sorority-owned mediums including the national website, videos, and social media.
• Maintain social media analytics and reports.
• Assists with preparing written remarks, letters of recognition, and advertisements on behalf of the Sorority.
• Assists with special event planning for national events including National Convention and Regional Conferences.
• Facilitates general information requests.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
• Membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, or related field OR equivalent work experience.
• Must have at least three (3) to five (5) years of professional work experience in writing, marketing, brand management or public relations.
• Effective team player who has the ability to meet project deadlines with exceptional attention to detail while managing a complex organizational structure.
• Knowledge of the Delta Brand and Writing Style Guides.
• Excellent writing/editorial skills and the ability to translate ideas to copy.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Proficiency with design and production standards and software, such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Proficient in social media use for business purposes.
• Ability to make creative suggestions in the interest of the organization.
For consideration, email your resume along with a cover letter that specifically states your salary requirements to email@example.com. In your email, please include the title of the desired position in the subject line.
Incomplete submissions will not receive priority consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org